AMU Bands’ Combat
“Turn up the volume, close your eyes and let the music take over your soul”
5th, 6th and 7th of April 2018
Criteria for registration
- Video of original/cover song of a band (maximum 480p resolution)
- Minimum number of band members is 3
- Maximum number of band members is 8
- 20% of the online voting on the website will contribute to the final judgement of bands election
- Top 10 bands will be selected
- ₹ 1000/- is the registration fee for AMU Bands’ Combat
- The window for uploading video will start from 6th of February 2018.
- The originality of song, band composition
- Overall band performance on the stage
- Audience interaction
- No profanity will be allowed in lyrics
- Vulgar display of any kind will lead to disqualification of the band
- Top 5 bands will be selected for final round
- 20 mins time including the sound check for performance.
Band Team size: Minimum 3, Maximum 8.
- The competition is open to all college, corporate and semi pro bands.
- English, Urdu, Hindi and regional language rock bands are allowed.
- Last date for registration is 20th Feb 2017. Only the Point-of-Contact of the band needs to register.
- At least two instruments must be used. One person cannot participate in more than one band in the same event.
- Pre-recorded beats and melodies are not allowed.
- Use of vulgar languages or obscenity on stage will lead to on spot disqualification of the band.
- A basic 5 piece drum set (you can bring along your own cymbals)
- Electrical connections for instruments
In case of a technical failure (concerning mics, power or instruments) judges’ decision shall be binding upon all the participants. In such a case, the participants would be allowed to restart the particular piece. Timing per song shall be maintained.
Organizers hold the right to change/modify rules on the day of the event.
How to register?
- Fill the registration form with required details.
- Upload the video (max. 480p)
- Pay the registration fee (₹ 1000/-) through PayTM wallet.
Note: The registration application will only be accepted after the payment of the fee.